The State Crime Records Bureau (SCRB) is headed by an officer of the rank of ADGP There are five divisions under the direct control of ADGP SCRB. They are :
- Crime Intelligence Bureau - maintains and analyzes crime statistics in the state
- Information and Communication Technology Wing- responsible for computerization of the department and development of analytical software for special requirements of Kerala Police.
- Police Telecommunications - responsible for maintaining the wireless network of the department. Presently their wireless communication is based on VHF, HF and satellite. The unit also maintains their a dedicated Wide Area Network.
- Finger Print Bureau
- Photographic Bureau
The wing is under the administrative control of SCRB, with its Headquarters at Thiruvananthapuram.
The main function is collection of:
- Statistics regarding crimes committed.
- Data on road accidents
- Data for the publication of Accidental Death and Suicide In India published by the Government of India
- Data for publication in Economic Review being published by the Planning Board
- Cases registered under PCR Act
- Data on Indian Copyright Act, Organised crimes, etc.