Special Armed Police
The SAP Battalion was formed on 5th August 1958 from the Erst-while General Armed Reserve of Travancore- Cochin State as per the GO No. H2/19354/1953 CS dtd . 04.09.1955. This camp is stationed in the old Leprosy Hospital Campus of Peroorkada. A Gratitude Stone in memory of Dr. Fernandez of old Leprosy Hospital is still kept in SAP Campus. This is the second Armed Police Battalion of the State. The second Battalion of the SAP was formed on 01. 09. 1963 and was specially selected and deputed to Nagaland to fight insurgency. The Battalion remained in Nagaland for more than 3 years and its commendable work in suppressing insurgencies and terrorist activities were applauded by the Government and public at large. A memento received from the Nagaland authorities for their remarkable service is being kept in the Battalion HQ. Sri. Kailasa Nathan was the first Commandant of the SAP Battalion. 30.6 Acres of land is available for the SAP camp and 17.78 Acres for the SAP Family Quarters area under survey No. 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1283, 1284 of Peroorkada Village in Thiruvananthapuram Taluk.
SAP has a Sub Camp at Milk Colony, Poonthura. The land comprises of 4 Acres purampokku in Muttathara Village under survey No. 2615