Finger Print Bureau has two wings.( One)- State Finger Print Bureau head quarted at Thiruvananthapuram and (two)-single digit finger print Bureaux in each police districts.
The main functions of State Finger print Bureau,
- Recording of finger print slips of the convicted persons of the all over the Kerala.
- Verification of previous convictions of the arrested persons of all over Kerala.
- O.V. search- used to find out present location of an ex-convict.
- Identification of unidentified dead bodies.
- Document comparison- comparison of thumb impressions in documents in criminal and civil cases- documents / registers received from the courts/ registration depts.../ post offices etc.