State Crime Records Bureau (SCRB)
The State Crime Records Bureau (SCRB) is headed by an officer of the rank of ADGP There are five divisions under the direct control of ADGP SCRB. They are :
- Crime Intelligence Bureau - maintains and analyzes crime statistics in the state
- Police Computer Center - responsible for computerization of the department and development of analytical software for special requirements of Kerala Police.
- Police Telecommunications - responsible for maintaining the wireless network of the department. Presently their wireless communication is based on VHF, HF and satellite. The unit also maintains their dedicated Wide Area Network.
- Finger Print Bureau
- Photographic Bureau
The wing is under the administrative control of SCRB, with its Headquarters at Thiruvananthapuram.
The main function is collection of:
- Statistics regarding offences committed against SC/ST
- Atrocities against SC/ST
- Theft from places of worship
- Data on road accidents
- Data for the publication Accidental Death and Suicide In India published by the government of India
- Data for publication in Economic Review being published by the Planning Board
- Road accident details for Transport Commissioner
- Cases registered under PCR Act
- Data on Indian Copyright Act, organised crimes, etc.