Police Information Centre
For the first time Police Department has been allowed to have a Police Information Centre which is now functioning under a Deputy Director of Public Relations, deputed to this Department. The Department needs proper publicity to get public co-operation and the linkages with the media are kept up by the Information Centre, which is functioning in the PHQ. (G.O. (Rt) No 707/09/Home dtd 02.03.2009, PHQ Circular No 13/2009) Started in 2009. Intended as a media cell as well as the information centre through which various information to the public and the press are to be disseminated.
- Issue of Press Releases on behalf of the department
- Information to the Press on police programmes/events/campaign etc.
- Media Management for the State Level Police Functions
- Spreading awareness on police activities.
- Publication of the Police directory.
- Publication of Books, Pamphlets, information brochures etc.