Kerala Armed Police - II
KAP 2 Battalion is situated at Muttikulangara , in Palakkad District which is 10 km. away from the Palakkad Town .This Battalion is one among the outstanding battalions which was formed in 1974.This Bn is performing its duties in the areas of maintaining law and order , crowd control ,general election inside and outside the State ,duties at communally disturbed areas etc.The main object of this battalion is to assist local police in maintaining law and order in the society. The feeder districts of this battalion are Thrissur and Palakkad.The police constables recruited to this battalion are liable to be transferred to Thrissur and Palakkad according to their choice of option.
The Commandant is the Chief of a Battalion and who is assisted by the Deputy Commandant and Assistant Commandants in administrative matters. Regarding the deployment of police force in various districts, orders from the ADGP or DIG of Police, Armed Police Battalions Kerala are required.
KAP II Bn. was formed on 04/07/1977 as per GO(Ms) 132/76 Home dated 06/10/1976 as its Headquarters at Thrissur,The headquarters of the battalion was later on July 1977 shifted from Thrissur to Muttikulangara in Palakkad District.Till July 1977 Muttikulangara camp was one of the detachment camp of Malabar Special Police. Malabar Special Police handed over this camp to KAP II battalion for its setting up of Head Quarters at Muttikulangara and further functioning. As per the order of the Deputy Inspector general of Police Armed Police Battalions this camp was named as puduppariyaram camp, henceforth it is known as Puduppariyaram camp. KAP II Bn. has a detachment camp at Nilambur in Malappuram District. This is located in the area of Nilambur forest division, and on the banks of river Chaliyar. Earlier this camp was the sub camp of Malabar Special Police and the land for this camp was provided on lease by the Nilambur forest division as per the order No.1075/25 issued by the erstwhile Madras state in 1925. Later, during 1976 after the formation of KAPII Battalion,MSP handed over this camp to KAP II Battalion. Since then this camp was maintained and operated by the KAP II Battalion as its detachment camp. The proposed land area of this camp is about 8.66 hectares (21.4) acres. The new administrative building constructed and started functioning on 29 June 2012 .The offices of the Commandant, Deputy Commandant, Asst. Commandant(Adjt), Asst.Commandant(QM), AC I Wing, AC II Wing and Battalion Office ,all the Company Commanders offices are functioning in and around of the New Battalion Administrative Block.
General Information About District
The district was formed on 1 st January 1957 which is 4480 Sq KM bounded on North by Malappuram District,in east by Coimbatore District,in south by Thrissur and in west by Thrissur and Malappuram Districts.