Women Self Defense Training Program
Kerala Police Department has formulated and implemented a project to provide Self Defense Training to women and young girls in all Districts. This project aims at empowering women through comprehensive awareness and practical training program. Already more than 3.8 lakh women have been trained in two years under this mammoth initiative. This special program for women’s self defense has become extremely popular among the women folk of Kerala. No agency ever in India ventured to impart WSDT hands-on training in such a big scale. When completed this would be a record. The salient features of the project are: Empowering women through comprehensive awareness and practical training program that includes -
- Confidence building tips to transform from a victim nature to smart nature.
- Awareness on Legal aspects of crime against women
- Awareness on Police facilities for ensuring the safety of women
- Simple defense techniques to combat various threat situations like bag snatching, chain snatching, Sexual attacks, eve teasing, bus/ metro threats, lift attack, ATM attack, domestic violence etc.
- Nature of attacks and attackers and how to confront a dangerous situation.
- Awareness on Aspects of women empowerment.
Above 600 female police officers across the State have been trained to conduct the program. The Kerala Government has accorded sanction of rupees one crore for this project.