Women desks in Police Stations
Women Desks have been set up in most of the Police Stations of the State, since February 2006, under the charge of Women Police personnel, with an aim to help Women and Children seeking Police help, which they can do without any fear or inhibitions.
Crime Stopper Cell 1090
An exclusive Crime stopper number has been created to enable good citizens to anonymously pass on real time information to Police on crimes. This system was introduced in the Kerala Police in 1998 and the same is functioning very successfully in all Police Districts.
The new challenges in Cyber Security, increasing number of cybercrimes and newer sophisticated cyber threats on the Internet, targeted against individuals and establishments have necessitated expertise of professionals from major IT firms for information transfer and technology updation for the Police. Training by the IT sector is also needed for law enforcement agencies as technology gets updated in no time.
The State Police Chief has forwarded a project proposal for the establishment of a Hi-Tech Center for cyber security and innovations in Kerala Police.The proposasl envisages to implement the project in such a way that the IT industry will contribute in terms of expertise, manpower, hardware, software, training, etc on a pro-bono basis. Based on a proposal by Kerala State Police Chief submitted to the Govt. of Kerala, the Home Department, Govt. of Kerala has issued an order vide G.O (Ms.) No.167/2014/Home dated 22/08/2014 for setting up of "Cyber Dome" as the Centre for Cyber Security and Innovations for Kerala Police.
This centre is envisaged to perform following activities
- Internet Monitoring
- Virtual Policing
- Social Media in Virtual Policing
- Automated threat intelligence in near real-time
- Cyber Forensics
- Virtual Courts
- Tracking System for Protecting Children
- Criminal Apprehension Software
- Safe Surfing online Web Application
- Child ID Application
- Image Analysis Software
- Online Network Investigation Application
- Access Blocking Application
- Stolen Vehicle Database
- Cyber Security Awareness, etc
The Cyber Dome will have a research division with the following areas of research, development and analysis
- New avenues of cyber forensic including those using mobile technology
- New methods in approaching cyber crimes and other crimes using IT
- Increasing efficiency of Police Department using IT infrastructure
- Neural analysis